Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Apartment

I finally got word of my acceptance for my apartment. So I'll share a few details.

The complex is called Heatherstone. It sits right in the armpit of El Camino Real (the main road that cuts through Silicon Valley) and Highway 85. [Map] It's about 7 miles from where I'll be working. [Map] My office is about a mile from the Stanford campus. I'm hoping to draw mental power from them in some way. Do they make hats for things like this?

It's 750 sq. ft. and has relatively new appliances. The only two appliances that will probably be missed are a washer / dryer unit and air conditioning. I've yet to live in a place without A/C. I realize that there are places in this world that do not in fact need A/C, but when you tell me that you're taking my A/C away, my heart starts beating a little bit faster. It's funny (sad?) how this issue is probably what worries me the most out of this whole trip. The floor plan:

An interesting fact is that I have not actually been to the apartment complex. I've only seen a few pictures and talked to a nice lady on the phone. If you're ever looking for a fun adventure, why not try renting a place for a year before you check it out? But the Internet seemed to say it was okay.

Also, there is an Ikea roughly 5-7 miles down the road from the apartment. I'm sure this will come in handy on more than one occasion.

No comments: