The Trailer Cometh
So I just went an picked up the trailer. Apparently Uhaul incorporates a laissez-faire approach to renting trailers. "Do you have a reservation?" "Yes." "Okay, the trailers are over there, go ahead and get one." And I was off! But I guess there is no real danger in people stealing these things. They are a pain to drive with. Stopping must now be planned out a mile ahead of time. I feel sorry for any animals that decide to play chicken with my car with this thing attached. They won't win.
And for a bit of size reference, here's a picture of Abby inside the trailer. It's small. But I still think I'm going to get a full size bed in there if I angle it juuust right. Maybe I can just saw the box spring in half.
"What's that behind her?" "Has Justin already begun to pack and load the trailer?" "He's such a go-getter!" No, I'm sad to say the packing has not been started yet. Those are shoes that apparently were not wanted by the previous renter. She must have thought that the next person that uses the trailer would need some new heels. But the thing is, I don't need new heels. They also left us a hanger. I might actually use that.
Something tells me they didn't have to pay their ten dollar I-didn't-clean-out-my-trailer fee. I just don't think Uhaul cares that much in such a laissez-faire trailer market.

No comments:
Post a Comment