Monday, December 11, 2006

And the Real Work Begins

Adding to the "official" list: work has officially begun. Today got a little crazy as I got assigned actual work. That's right, actual work! It's really not completely important work, but it's a good start to get me used to working with the system. I've also got a meeting with the head user interface guy tomorrow, which should shed a little more light on how the next few months should go. I'm getting pretty excited about everything though. It seems like this job is going to be pretty much right up my alley. I thought that it might be, but you never really know until you actually get into the job. So that's a bit of a relief.

I would also like to affirm my distaste of sushi. We had a team lunch today at a Japanese sushi place today. I chose to enjoy the chicken teriyaki. You all know of my distaste for sea food, so that should put an end to the discussion right there. But there was a new reason added to the list today. When the sushi is allowed to look back at you while you eat it, it no longer becomes acceptable as food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even if the sushi is not good, it sure makes a pretty dish. Sounds
like things are going well and that
you are really getting settled in.

Mama Joyce