Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'm Official

I'm becoming more official every day. Well, I'm feeling more official every day. In the span of a few days I got my official work badge, my official California driver's license, and my new bank account. So it's been exciting.

There's nothing new to report on the cube front. I'm still invading another man's cube. My boss seems to be taking a "we'll just see what happens" kind of attitude. Apparently the cube overlords get upset when you try to talk to them about cube assignment problems. So we'll just see what happens.

The weather here is being quite fickle at the moment. It's been raining all weekend. I've yet to experience the California weather of my dreams, but I guess patience is a virtue.

I went to church down in San Francisco today, which was a pretty fun experience. It was a new startup church that only had about 30 or 40 people attending. I met a lot of people who had just moved to the city in the last few weeks just like me. It makes me kind of wish that I had moved to the city proper instead of 40 minutes down the road. Every time I get to go into the city I like it even more. Maybe it's because I'm getting a little more accustomed to maneuvering in such a crazy environment. The hills seems to add a lot of beauty to the city. Maybe I'll get a chance to move there in a year or so. We'll see how things pan out.

My first week at work went pretty well (minus the cubicle conundrum). I'm learning more about where I'll be fitting in with the group, and it's relieving to see that I'll be given a lot of responsibility. I was prepared to be a grunt worker, but it seems I'll actually get a chance to do user interface design work and head up the development work on it. So that's exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, there you are. I wait impatiently almost every day for your
up-dates. Everything sounds exciting
and new and that is great.

Mama Joyce