7 Days Is A Pretty Long Time
In Silicon Valley, things move quick. What's hot one day is an antique the next. So it's not much of a surprise that jobs work the same way. This isn't to say that my job is getting boring, it's actually getting pretty exciting right now. Every day is something new. Yesterday I got assigned my first tasks. Today, my first real "fix" was put into the system. It was dancing time. I put a few fixes in today actually, enough to warrant a "good job" from my boss, which was accompanied by a sigh of relief. You can never really tell what level you're being expected to work at, so it's nice to learn that you might actually be working at a higher level than you were expected to be working at.
All of this leads me to the most excited (and dreadful) parts of the day. Seeing as I am now a veteran in the company (I mean, I have been working here for 7 work days!), I was given the great pleasure of... interviewing someone. That's right, Justin can now add "Interviewer" to his resume. I was informed of my interview about 2 hours before the interview was to take place. And this guy was a bit more experienced than I am. It was a strange feeling to say the least. But everything seemed to go well, and my boss thanked me for doing it. I was the last interview the guy was having today, so I tried to keep it light. It was more just a talk about what he's done and I got a chance to tell him about how things worked around here. All in all it was a good experience, but I do wish I had had more time to prepare. It would have been nice to have some direct questions for him. But I've learned for next time. And I'm pretty sure there will be a next time.
I can't even imagine what's going to happen in the next 7 days.

2 comments:
What...no pretty picture?? I mean you could have at least put a picture of you and the guy smiling or shaking hands or something...just another thing to add to the list for the next interview...don't forget!!
You know . . . this really makes you think about who was actually interviewing you when you went out to CA. Have you checked that out? Any 7-day rookies ??????
Anyway, I am not surprised you would make a good early impression. Make the Smith name proud!
Mom
Post a Comment