Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Three Realizations

One: I carry coffee better with my left hand than with my right hand. Which is weird because I'm right handed.

Two: The "relaxed" switch has begun. I realized this morning that I have worn nothing but t-shirts to work thus far this week. I'm currently wearing a plain black t-shirt with a pocket (sans pocket protector). That's what they get for sticking me in the remote region of the building I guess. Also, I've worn flip-flops two of the past three days and nobody's said a thing about it.

Three: The people here take me far more seriously as a programmer than I should be taken. All signs point to me being the lead front-end developer for our "next-generation" product. When did this happen and where are the hidden cameras?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I urge you to get a copy of "The Myth of the Man Month" by Frederick P. Brooks. Some of it is dated but most of it timeless. There is wisdom in programming. Pay special attention to the perils of "The Second System Effect." Reflecting on the monstrosity (brilliant though it was) of a design I left for my successor at McLeod I sometimes feel the need to visit a priest. Or should that be an Application Architect?

Anonymous said...

You're just trying to make the rest of the country look bad, aren't you? Though I guess I shouldn't talk. I went to work in my pajamas every day this week.

So how long before you're running the company? Like a month?